Tuesday, November 3, 2009

There's a first for everything....

Today is Dylan's First Birthday!! Happy Birthday Honey!!!

Today was also Alexa's first day of school. She's going to the British School. She had a great day. She goes 9-11:30 everyday.

Today, I drove!!!! Of course, it wasnt the first time, but I actually had to drive Alexa to school today, and let me tell you, it SUCKS. First of all, the signs are totally different. You can kinda figure some of them out, but others, I have no idea. Secondly, the turn lanes are ridiculous!!! Like 3 lanes turn right and one turns left. Plus, it's only painted on the street, so you dont know if you're in a turn lane until you see the paint right before the light! I've had to cut many people off for that reason. You also cant turn right on red, which sucks. They'd probably have alot less traffic if you could (and probably alot more tram wrecks too...lol).

Alexa and Dylan gave me hell last night. Alexa didnt want to go to sleep, so she was screaming and woke Dylan up, and he didnt want to go back to sleep, so between the 2, they screamed for over an hour, waking each other. Then mean mommy had to wake both of them up at 7am to get Alexa to school. I got her to school and took Dylan shopping. I let him pick out a few presents, picked Alexa up, came home, made his cake, and the TV was delivered. Apparently you can only charge 2500 Euros a day on your bank card....and the TV was 2552, so I had already gone shopping and spent 130. I had to have Chris leave work and bring me cash so that I could make up the difference from what I spent today and how much I could debit in a day. Whoops. Sorry Chris.

We moved into the house this weekend. It's such a nice neighborhood. I have pictures posted on my facebook page. We live across from a park with a pond and a TON of trees, and since they really have seasons here, the leaves are all changing colors. Our house is 3 stories, with 2 stairsways of death....lol. Dutch stairways are ridiculous! They are winding and narrow! Anyway, they are both babygated off. On the bottom floor is the kitchin, dining room, and living room with a coat closet. The Foyer can be closed and there's a toilet room in there (with a REAL toilet!! No platform!!). Upstairs, there are 4 bedrooms, the bathroom, and a toilet room. Upstairs again is another 2 bedrooms, bathroom (with washer and dryer) and a toilet room. My legs are killing me from walking all of these stairs, and having the laundry room on the 3rd floor SUCKS. All of the baby gates are horrible too, but we love the house!

I found Dylan some cake mix!! Nothing to write "Happy Birthday" with or anything, but I found the mix! There's a grocery store inside of the mall, and when I went to get his slide yesterday I decided to go check, and there was cake mix!!! I made him a doggie shaped cake (havent iced it yet.....guess I should. ) I have no idea what to make for dinner though. Both kids have been asleep for a long time. I should probably wake them up. UGHHHHHHHH. Off I go......

No comments:

Post a Comment